Statement of Principles
Members personify and promote the highest standards of values and ethics.
Building a better future for Canada and Canadians is an exciting and stimulating challenge which is at the centre of public service life.
Executives of the Public Service equip themselves to meet this challenge to the best of their ability, maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and management excellence. They focus on the common good, serving while leading. Public Service executives support a bilingual and pluralist Canada, united in diversity in order to build a fair and compassionate society as well as a better and more peaceful world. Executives are dedicated to leading a Public Service which actively promotes and reflects these values and is open and representative of Canadian society.
APEX and its Members:
- Are committed to promoting leadership excellence and the highest level of professionalism, performance and productivity in the Public Service of Canada, with a view to building a better future for Canada and Canadians;
- Support a bilingual, diverse, fair, compassionate federal workplace;
- Hold high standards of ethics and values, integrity and competence, working with Canadians towards innovative federal policies and programs;
- Give the best possible advice to the government in an objective manner, using best judgment and exercising discretion;
- Are team players, actively supporting and collaborating with strategic partners and colleagues from all sectors (federal, other orders of government, NGO, private sector, and others).
- Lead and support employees with care and fairness, creating a respectful, physically and mentally healthy workplace, assisting people perform to their highest level and achieve their career aspirations.