Public Policy Series – NCR
What: Seminar – Climate Change: Policy Considerations
Who: Two panels of speakers, including subject matter experts
Where: Ottawa – The Rideau Club, 99 Bank St
When: November 28, 2019. Half Day Seminar – 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM (Breakfast and Lunch will be provided)
How: Register Here. Attendance in person only.
Check out the Program!
What can government and public service executives do?
Under its new Public Policy Issues Series, APEX is pleased to be partnering with the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI), a highly regarded non-partisan think tank based in Waterloo, to bring you a seminar on this critical topic. It will focus on policy options, considerations and a range of possible solutions for decision-makers.
- The first panel of speakers will engage in discussions on public policies issues surrounding climate change to give participants an overview of the challenges facing governments, its political leaders and its senior management.
- The second panel of speakers will explore how innovation can be part of the suite of solutions to climate change, what they see being done around the globe, and lessons learned from around the world.
Speakers will include internationally-renowned experts, who will debate, discuss and field your questions about this crucial environmental issue
As always, our learning seminar will offer you a great opportunity to chat with our special guests and network with your colleagues.
Don’t miss it! – Register now!
MC – Maria Pagliarello (APEX) & Aaron Shull (CIGI)
- 8:00 – 8:30 AM Registrations
- 8:45 – 9:00 AM Welcoming Remarks – APEX CEO (Jacqueline Rigg)
- 9:00 – 9:30 AM: Keynote – Patricia Fuller, Canada’s Ambassador for Climate Change
- The Big Picture: Why Canada Matters in the Equation of Climate Change
- 9:30 – 10:30 AM: Panel A: Policy Considerations: What are the hard policy choices?
- Dr. Gordon McBean, World renowned climate change expert; Nobel Peace Prize recipient
- Glen Hodgson, International economist and consultant; Senior Fellow C.D. Howe Institute; former Senior Vice President and Chief Economist of Conference Board of Canada
- David Runnalls, CIGI Distinguished Fellow; co-founder of International Institute for Environment and Development
- Kathy Bardswick, President and CEO of the Canadian Institute for Climate Choices
- Moderator: Aaron Shull, Managing Director and General Counsel, CIGI
- 10:30 – 11:00 AM – Health Break
- 11:00 – 12:00 PM: Panel B: Innovation through Clean Tech: Will Green Tech Save Us?
- Leah Lawrence, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC)
- Silvia Maciunas, CIGI Senior Fellow; formerly deputy director of environmental law at CIGI; former Global Affairs Canada executive
- Mike Andrade, CEO of Morgan Solar; member of Canadian Council of Innovators
- Moderator: Patricia Fuller, Canada’s Ambassador for Climate Change
- 12:00 – 1:30 PM – Networking Lunch
Note that this event is a pilot in this new series. Space is limited.