APEX & CareerJoy Joint Webinar
Date: July 15, 2020, 1:00 – 2:30 PM EST (90 min)
Platform & Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8452137605418438160
Introduction: Jacqueline Rigg (Chief Executive Officer, APEX).
Moderator: Alan Kearns (Founder, CareerJoy).
Panelists: Nancy Chahwan (Chief Human Resource Officer, Treasury Board Secretariat) and Taki Sarantakis (President, Canada School Public Service).
Leading the ‘New Normal’ – Since early March, public service executives, managers, and their teams have pivoted from managing the crisis and change that COVID created — into the current work reality. With a focus on what successful continuance looks like, questions are starting to be asked about what is just around the corner — the easing of restrictions around the physical return to the workplace.
Join our Public Sector panel as we will discuss innovative ideas, practical wisdom and how to address this phase with time for Q&A and live polling. Themes that may be covered include:
- The New Work Environment: Deputy Ministers’ opening remarks on their perspectives on social distancing, office design and leading the return.
- Leadership Redefined: the need to manage differently i.e., divisions, regions, horizontal
- How to communicate well while moving from crisis management towards the easing of restrictions in the workplace. Guide your workforce to navigate the organizational turbulence successfully.
- How to focus on the mission of business continuity while dealing with the fears and resistance that will arise with the transition.
- How to continue to engage employees, minimize distraction from performance and maintain productivity, morale and team dynamics.
- Learning to embrace the psychology of uncertainty with a practical approach that delivers tools for thriving in the next phase of adaptation within an organization i.e., new health environment, new office safeguards, flexible work arrangements.
Don’t miss it! Register now!
Why APEX is collaborating with CareerJoy: APEX is the preeminent voice for the 7,000+ executive community of the Public Service of Canada, in departments and agencies across Canada. It is a vibrant national organization that inspires executive excellence in leadership through strategic advocacy, research, professional development and advisory services. In 2019, it developed a new Vision: Executive community with elevated wellness, elite leaders and extraordinary impacts through partnerships. This event is an example of collaboration with partners, to bring thought leaders to executives on current relevant topics.
CareerJoy is an Affinity Partner of APEX: Wholly-owned National Canadian HR Management firm with offices coast to coast and headquartered in Ottawa, CareerJoy is recognized as a modern award winning company that provides results in the professional development of executives, managers, and teams in the federal public service. CareerJoy has a bilingual facilitating & coaching team comprised of former executive level public servants (EX1-EX5).