APEX 2019 Leadership Symposium
Innovative – Global – Inclusive
Tuesday, May 28 and Wednesday, May 29, 2019
The Shaw Centre, Ottawa
Join us in learning and networking with Executives from across the federal public service! Last year’s attendance reached an impressive 820 participants, and this year we expect to exceed that – Be a part of it!
Embracing the theme, Innovative – Global – Inclusive, the 2019 APEX Leadership Symposium will offer Executives a unique opportunity to hear from international and Canadian thought leaders on topics that are top of mind for every federal public service Executive.
Building on last year’s tremendous success and feedback by participants, this two-day program will include a combination of keynote and concurrent sessions featuring an impressive line-up of world-class speakers and panelists who will address the following topics:
- Leadership (what makes a great leader)
- Disruptive Innovation / AI Technology / Digital Government
- Global Trends / International Relations / What Canadians Think
- Public Policy (Economic, Social) / Role of Public Service in Modern Society
- Modernizing the Workplace
- Diversity, Inclusion, Reconciliation and Priorities of Indigenous Peoples
- Executive Wellness
Program and Speakers
Take advantage of the special member rate, APEX encourages every Executive of the federal public service to become a member of its professional association. Click here for our membership page.
APEX members from outside the NCR will benefit from a $100 discount.
The registration rates for the 2019 Leadership Symposium are:
– Associate Member (retired) $500 – Please contact Line Larose at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Members of APEX $1,300
– Members outside NCR $1,200
– Non-Member $1,800
Registration fee includes: attendance at all keynote and concurrent sessions; access to the exhibit hall; lunch and refreshment breaks on Tuesday, May 28, and Wednesday, May 29; and the APEX Awards of Excellence and Reception on Tuesday, May 28.
To register, click on the banner above!
Why Attend – Benefits for Participants
- Expand your network and share information with a diverse group of Executives from across Canada.
- Hear and learn from leading international and Canadian speakers about emerging issues, trends and innovations on topics such as leadership, global issues, disruptive technologies, cyber security and many more hot topics.
- Bring back practical tools and advice by participating in our series of concurrent sessions designed to further explore issues that are top of mind.
- Recognize your fellow Executives, who will be honoured as part of the APEX Awards of Excellence.
Feedback from 2018 Symposium participants
Participants can expect an event with world-class speakers, similar to last year’s program. Here are some comments and feedback from 2018 APEX Symposium participants:
“Congratulations to the APEX Team! I came away motivated and refreshed! I did learn a lot this year during this Symposium – Thank you!!”
“Excellent presentation that resonated with both the economists in the room, as well as the social policy experts. Fascinating.”
“Fantastic presentation and ideas that can be adopted in the public service context.”
“Another great presentation that was very high level and definitely informed me of various topics that I can view in terms of my areas of responsibilities.”
“Overall a very professionally run event with great subject matter and opportunities for EX’s to share and network. I left both feeling like I make a difference and motivated to continue to do so. ”
Sponsorship Opportunities and Exhibit Space
Sponsors and exhibitors play a key role in the success of the 2019 APEX Leadership Symposium and Awards of Excellence.
Please consult the following links if you are interested in learning more about enhancing your presence and visibility through Sponsorship or Exhibit Space and contributing to the success of the APEX Leadership Symposium.