The 30th Anniversary of APEX’s Premier Learning Event!
Tuesday May 29 – Wednesday May 30, 2018
Shaw Centre, Ottawa
Mark your calendar and Join us for the 30th anniversary of the Annual APEX Symposium.
Join this 2-Day Event – Learn and Network with over 700 Executives from across the federal public service.
The 2018 APEX Annual Symposium will offer Executives this unique opportunity to hear from experts and leaders on a variety of topics that are top of mind for every federal public service Executives. Building on last year’s success and great feedback by participants, APEX is developing a 2-Day Program that will meet the needs of Federal Public Service Executives. We will present world-class keynote speakers, and offer panel discussions on the following topics:
- Disruptive Innovation and Impact on Economic Growth;
- Canada’s Economic Outlook and Global Positioning;
- Diversity and Inclusion;
- Modernizing the Workforce and Workplace Trends.
Benefits for participants
Why attend the 2018 Annual APEX Symposium?
- Expand your network with more than 700 Executives participating from across Canada, as well as more than 30 Exhibitors;
- Learn from leading international and Canadian experts about disruptive innovation, Leadership, Canada’s economic outlook, Diversity and Inclusion and Workforce modernization and Workplace trends;
- Participate in a series of concurrent sessions and get practical tools and advice;
- Celebrate Executives who will be recognized at the Annual APEX Awards of Excellence. .
Feedback from participants at the 2017 Annual APEX Symposium:
“Many of the speakers inspired me and absolutely blew me away. I have been to national and international conferences on a variety of topics over my thirty year career. It was like no other conference I have ever attended. ”
“Excellent event and extremely well run. The two Deputy Co-Chairs did a fantastic job and topics were really all relevant. Really like the use of the social media tools. Venue was also terrific.”
‘’Loved the kiosks. All were super relevant and then there were a few surprises which were greatly appreciated.’’
‘’Great to get out of the office and connect with peers. Our everyday jobs don’t often allow for reflection and time to look at the public service and our role with a different lens.’’
Agenda and Speakers
APEX will unveil its Symposium Program and Keynote Speakers list shortly. Follow-us on Twitter to get the scoop on our Symposium agenda! Participants can expect a high quality event, with world class speakers, similar to last year’s program.
APEX encourages every Executives of the federal public service to become a member of its professional association. Recognizing the value of APEX Membership, we are reducing the registration fee by $100 this year.
In addition to the above, APEX members from outside the NCR will benefit from a $100 discount.
The registration fees for the 2018 Annual APEX Symposium are as follow:
- Members of APEX: $1300 (including HST)
- Members outside NCR: $1200 (including HST)
- Non-Members: $1800 (including HST)
- Associate Members’ Fee: $500 (including HST)
- Registration will begin in March 2018. A newsletter will be issued to announce the official opening of the online registration.
Sponsorship Opportunities and Exhibit Space
Sponsors and exhibitors have an important role to contribute to the success of the 2018 APEX Symposium and Awards of Excellence. It is a unique opportunity to establish business contacts and build new partnerships. The private and academic sectors have traditionally been well represented and highly visible at our conference, leveraging this opportunity to promote their services and establish work and business relationships with more than 700 federal public service Executives present on site over two days.
2018 will be our 30th Symposium, making it an occasion not to be missed. APEX has a long tradition of facilitating networking between the Executive community and other sectors. The Executive community benefits from the broader exposure to views and expertise of our partners from academia and the private sector. Sponsors also contribute to ensuring that costs are reasonable and that budgets can be directed, as much as possible, to securing the highest quality speakers for the event.
We have posted more information about how to become a sponsor or obtain exhibit space please click the linked text if you are interested in learning more about enhancing your presence and visibility, through Sponsorship or Exhibit Space and contributing to the success of the Symposium.