2022 Nomination Process
A few things to note as you prepare to nominate someone:
The person you wish to nominate must be a current executive member of the executive cadre. Retired executives are eligible if they are part of the executive cadre before the closing of the nomination process. Deputy Heads are not eligible. For more information regarding eligibility of nominees, please contact email@example.com.
The APEX Selection Review Committee is requesting information about the candidate beyond career history or resumes. You must provide information that supports accomplishments in the specific award category. For example, a letter of support from staff or colleagues can help demonstrate leadership.
For a complete nomination, you will need:
- Information about the executive you are nominating
- One nominator
- Who: This person is an executive or interim executive in the Federal Public Service who endorses and puts the name of the candidate forward.
- To do: They will need to submit a narrative about how the candidate meets the selection criteria for the award category chosen (1-2 pages)
- Three supporters
- Who: They can be anyone from any level in the Federal Public Service who can attest to the candidate’s exceptional achievements. In some instances, they could also be external to the public service or retired.
- To do: They will need to submit a letter of support each (1-2 pages)
- Fill the online application and submit your documents
The online nomination system will ask you about the candidate, the award, the nominator, the supporters and your documents. You can start the online application at any time, even if you do not have all the required information. Once submitted, you will receive a link to your nomination and will be able to make changes or add files at a later date. The online system will also send you occasional reminders to finish your application.
Information about Award Winners:
Once the selection process is completed, APEX will advise award winners of the committee’s decision. All nominators will be informed of the results. As well, APEX will advise all nominees and their deputy head that their names had been put forward as candidates.
Recipients will receive their award at the APEX Leadership Summit taking place on May 30-31, 2023.