Quick Reference Guide for Compensation, Pension and Related Resources for Executives

Updated on: May 15, 2019

APEX regularly hears from its members that it can be difficult to know where to turn if faced with a pay or pension question or problem.

This Quick Reference Guide has been developed with ease of use in mind. The information provided in this Guide originates from authoritative Government of Canada sites.


Pay Services

The PSPC Client Contact Centre is the first point of contact for current and former federal public servants looking for information or help with compensation and benefits enquiries, and for technical issues when using the Compensation Web Applications and the Phoenix pay system.

If you have a question or if you notice a problem with your pay, here are the steps to follow:


1.) Speak with your Section 34 manager

Your manager can guide you through your department’s internal human resources processes and help you identify the best options available for your specific situation. This first step is critical in identifying whether your issue is related to:

  • a pay transaction, such as a salary change or leave without pay, or
  • a Human Resources (HR) issue, such as a letter of offer, retirement package, maternity leave document, acting form, or any other HR-related document that must be correctly filled out and sent to your HR team


2.) Report your pay issue

You can report it by completing and submitting a Phoenix Feedback Form (https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/remuneration-compensation/services-paye-pay-services/systeme-paye-employes-pay-system-employees/retroaction-phenix-phoenix-feedback-eng.html) online, or


3.) Get in Touch with the Client Contact Centre
  • In Canada or the United States: 1-855-686-4729
  • Outside Canada and the United States: 1-506-424-4330

Hours of operation: Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays), 7 am to 7 pm Eastern time.

Executives served by the Pay Centre can also use the Track myCASE web application (https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/remuneration-compensation/services-paye-pay-services/paye-centre-pay/apropos-centre-de-paye-about-the-pay-centre-eng.html) to check the status of an existing case or pay action request (PAR) form. Please note that Phoenix Feedback Forms cannot be tracked in Track myCASE.

Executives who are not served by the Pay Centre are advised to speak with their compensation service provider.


Compensation Web Applications (CWA)

Accessible only on the Government of Canada network, the Compensation Web Applications (https://gcintranet.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/gc/rem/awr-cwa-eng.html) are a source of information for pay (e.g., view and print your pay stubs and archived tax slips), pension, and health care plan for Government of Canada employees. For access, you must log in with a myKEY (https://gcintranet.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/gc/rem/awr-cwa-eng.html) or a department-issued smart card/token.

Questions concerning myKEY or the Compensation Web Applications should be directed to your departmental IT Service Desk.


Pension Services

  • In writing:

When contacting the Pension Centre in writing, always include your pension number (if you are retired) or Personal Record Identifier (PRI) in your correspondence. Your PRI is found on your pay stub.
Public Services and Procurement Canada
Government of Canada Pension Centre—Mail Facility
PO Box 8000
Matane QC  G4W 4T6


Basic Pension Calculator

This basic pension calculator helps you estimate what your yearly and monthly pension may be based on the information you enter. The calculator can be found at: https://apppen-penapp.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/penavg-penben_prod/cpr-pbc/accueil-welcome/prep.action

Executives can also obtain a pension statement by contacting the Pension Centre at:

  • 1-888-742-1300.
Follow by Email